Chris was elected in St Thomas Ward in May 2019.
Chris lives locally in Southsea. His family are from Portsmouth and his father served in the Royal Navy here.
He has a lifelong commitment to public service with operational and leadership roles across the Home Office and Ministry of Justice.
After 25 years in the Civil Service, Chris is now devoting his time to be a full-time community campaigner for our area. He rolls his sleeves-up and volunteers with local groups; Chris is also a business mentor and Panel Member for The Prince’s Trust, helping others to realise their true potential.
Locally Chris is best known for successfully running a ‘door to door’ petition and campaign to bring back a direct bus service between Old Portsmouth and Southsea.
Chris is working closely with popular Liberal Democrat Councillors for St Thomas Ward, Rob Wood and Tom Wood.
Current Council Positions:
- Chair of the Health Overview & Scrutiny Panel
- Member of the Housing & Social Care Scrutiny Panel
- Member of the Traffic, Environment & Community Safety Scrutiny Panel
- Member of the Twinning Advisory Board
- Standing Deputy for the Planning Committee
- Standing Deputy for the Licensing Committee
- Standing Deputy for the Scrutiny Management Panel
Twitter - @ChrisAttwellLD
Phone - 07826 910702