I have represented Baffins, north Milton and south Copnor since May 2012 and live in the area I represent, opposite the Prison.
In the last year alone, Lynne Stagg and I have worked with local people to achieve a lot including:
- Save the 19 bus service from Council cuts;
- Deliver safer junctions near Westover, Langstone and Moorings Way schools;
- Get Redcar and Cobden Avenues and part of Westover Road resurfaced;
- Start developing a Neighbourhood Plan for Milton;
- Make Kimbolton Road one way;
- Secure a commitment to improve crossings on Tangier and Milton Roads;
- Deliver more dog and litter bins.
Councillors should be part of the community they serve which is why I help at local events, including the Tangier Road Christmas Market, Baffins Fun Day and Milton's Picnic on the Green.
If re-elected, I will continue to listen to local people. That’s why I oppose the 230 flats planned for the prison and over-development in and around St James'. I want Portsmouth, not London or a Solent super-council, to decide how many homes are built here.
I care about improving the area. That’s why I want to tackle unnecessary van parking, especially by people who are not local, and enhance green spaces, for instance by improving water quality at Baffins Pond by securing a new pump and three aerators.
Lastly, I want to see more competence at the Council by making sure it does not buy supermarkets in Somerset while buildings here lie empty and getting it to work more closely with the NHS, Police and Fire Service. The council should be investing in Portsmouth, not elsewhere.
I believe our area is a great place to be and, if re-elected, I will continue working to make it even better.